Saturday, April 30, 2011

Geek Chic

Geek Chic



 Yes, I know, Geek chic is a look that's been used many times. But I can't help myself, I like the look too much. A lot of people don't like G.C. because they don't want to advertise themselves as nerds; my message to them: GET OVER IT. Not only is this a great trend, but 'nerds' are cool and some people are too stuck up to get over themselves. A lot of people think of nerds as; smart, glasses wearing, chess loving, awkward people. If that's what makes someone a nerd, then I am the biggest nerd ever. I'm awkward, in advanced classes, wear glasses, and I like chess (even though I suck.) I think G.C. is a super easy look that can be done several ways. The Polyvore set above is one I made showcasing the different ways you can wear G.C. You can wear converse, oxfords, any type of jeans (well maybe not distressed,) button ups, sweaters (I own a ton,) ties, suspenders, plaid shirts, graphic tees, and different kinds of glasses.
 
  G.C. is a comfortable look too! I love wearing sweaters, loose jeans, and converse. It's like comfort food for your body. G.C. is made up of basic staple that are in pretty much every closet. Do you own button ups? How about jeans? I'm guessing that you own sneakers? Well if you said yes to any of those questions then you've already started on geek chic look!

The main staple to the perfect geek chic look is...NERD GLASSES! You don't have to have them, but they are the trademark.
The picture below shows an article from Teen Vogue's September 2010 issue. Helpful, no?


Look even the Biebs is rocking them! (But I am no Belieber.)


 
The G.C. look is also able to look girly. You just add some floral, bows, pink, whatever you want!




I hope you guys rock this look! (P.S. I probably won't be posting tomorrow because tomorrow, I turn 14. Yay!  *Giant balloons drop out of the sky and confetti starts spraying everywhere, everybody gets up to start headbanging* Yeah, that's what happened in my mind.) Well peace out geeks!


2 comments:

  1. i love the cool geek glasses i think there amazing check out my blog wich is look like lula ..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I have a question! Who is the model in that last photo?

    ReplyDelete